Sunday, December 10, 2017

Sunday Sketch

Hello and welcome to this week's edition of our Sunday Sketch Challenge! This week we have a fun sketch that's just right for using up those paper strips that you have left over.


For my take on the sketch I chose to stick super close to the sketch and reached for the papers from the December Scrapbook Kit to create my layout.



When I was putting together my layout, I pulled out one of my old stencils. I knew I didn't want to do anything too complicated so I settled for using them to trace flowers onto the white space. I opted to trace them twice using both a red and black pen. It's a pretty simple detail, but it was fun to try something a little different.


As you can tell, I stayed pretty true to the sketch. The only details I changed up were the title placements and instead of layering another piece of patterned paper under the photo, I opted for a sheet of vellum. I made this choice because I felt that it softened the bold mix of colors that I had going on in the papers. 


Now it's your turn!  To play along with this week's sketch and to be eligible to win a $5 gift certificate to the CTK Store,  create a layout based off of this week's sketch and upload it to the CTK Gallery with today's date (12/10) in the title. Can't wait to see what you all come up with!!

Michelle





No comments:

Post a Comment