Thursday, December 14, 2017

Around the House with Candace


Hello CTK friends!  Welcome back and thanks for stopping by today.  I am sure many of you, like me, are knee deep in December documenting.  When I saw the 4x6 stamp this month I knew that I had to take a day and do a whole spread all about the little Christmas details around my house.  Guys, this stamp set is perfect for storytelling!  It is so perfect for capturing the beautiful details of the season THEN after the holidays it can be used again to capture the everyday details of your home!

Here is a look at the final 3x8 and 6x8 spread for Day 6 in my December documented album.



On the left side of my spread I started with a 3x4 card from the documenter kit.  I added a few stamps from the 4x6 stamp set this month for a bold title.  The details on the leaves are so beautiful!  I also added a stamped sentiment to a piece of cork.  The sentiment on the other side of the cork didn't fit my spread so I customized it just for my memories with Staz on ink.



The right side of the spread is where I was able to have lots of fun.  I filled each of the 2x2 pockets with photos from around my house on both the front and back sides.



Next, I used little bits of ephemera and other embellishments from the Pocket Life kit to fill the pockets.  I had a few coordinating pieces of acrylic from my stash that I added for a little more interest.



I wanted the pockets without photos to be see through but I still wanted to add a big sentiment.  Using the puffy alpha stickers from last month's kit I adhered the letters to a clear piece of acetate.  I love the final look!







Such a fun spread with lots of fun embellishments and dimension.  But most important, I love the story and details that are captured in this spread.  This is what it is all about and I know years from now I will love to see the little details of our home during this holiday season.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope this inspired you to tell the story of your home.

Have a beautiful day.

Candace



1 comment:

  1. I love all the soft colors! It's like twelve little canvas's. Thanks for inspiring!

    ReplyDelete