Wednesday, August 9, 2017

There Is No One Like You, Traveler's Notebook with Wendy

Hello all and Happy Wednesday!


Wendy here to share up a quick tutorial of my latest page in my Traveler's Notebook.  As a long time fan of all things mini style in scrapbooking, I'm discovering these type of layouts are simply fun to create.


I'm still crushing hard on the July 2017 kits and created up my project here with lots of fun bits found in last month's kits. However, you can create this same type of project with any of the amazing kits from Citrus Twist Kits.

Let's get started.


1. Select your photo.  I dusted off one of my large circle punches to cut out my photo of choice.  I wanted to change it up a bit from the typical square/rectangular photo.  So, a circle it is.


2. Select the type of embellishments you want to use.  These fun butterflies were in the July kits along with some whimsical florals which ended up being my choice to use.



3. You may choose to add dimensional pop dots on the back of your embellishments if you want.  However, since I am working in a Traveler's Notebook, I'm wanting a bit less bulk to my pages.  I probably would have used the pop dots for dimension if this was a regular 12x12 or 9x12 layout in my album.


4. Layer up your embellishments.  Less is more (sometimes) but the more the merrier in this case. Ha!  I added a touch of a wood veneer embellishment for a bit of wording.  In my final project, I chose to use the word "love" instead of "happy".


5. Don't forget the versatile stamps in the kits! Ah yes, my favorite part of the kits.  Don't fear to play around with different phrases, mix and + match wording, and just have fun with them.


6.  In my title work, I chose to use a curved banner for part of the title wording.  Then, I used one of the CTK stamps where I curved it a bit on an acrylic block before stamping to mirror the curved banner.  I love the slight effect and how it turned out.

I hope you enjoyed my project!

Give us a peek into your Traveler's Notebooks!  Share up in the CTK Gallery and/or tag @citrustwistkits on Instagram.

Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment